All in a Name

Tuesday October 16, 2007

I see so many different names and terminologies used around the web for what I call an unblockable popup. I've seen hover ad, pop in, pop-in, dhtml popup, CSS popup, div popup, layer ad, and others. So what's the general consensus on what to call these things that I call unblockable popups?

These advertising mechanisms are just a combination of CSS and javascript that shows and hides a div element in a standard xhtml document therefore circumventing modern day popup blocking applications.

So I guess any combination of those terminologies is acceptable, but I think I'll stick with unblockable popup ad. What do you think?

comments 0 Comments | days old 6063 days old | Direct Link

No comments at this time.

post comment Post a Comment

Nobody is going to buy your viagra and gucci bags just because you post 1000 links on an obscure blog!
Contact me if you want to post a comment